CK & CO Releases Video 101—Session 3: Do it Yourself or Hire Someone?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michael Krampe
(email@example.com) or 616-776-0354
Third Installment Provides Insight into Video Production Sourcing
Grand Rapids, Mich., July 8, 2014 - Cynthia Kay and Company (CK & CO) announced today that it has released Do it Yourself or Hire Someone?, the third session in its five-part Video 101 series. The video outlines the criteria needed to determine whether to produce a video in house or use the expertise of a production company. It provides tips and suggestions for choosing the right solution including:
- Tips for DIY video production
- DIY is best suited for internal audiences
- Lighting can be tricky and existing light may not be enough
- Use an external microphone if you are going to use a mobile device
- Shoot video horizontally (16:9 HD)
- What to look for in a production company
- Video samples (Does everything look the same or do they show creativity?)
- Does company have a defined production process? (milestones/sign offs)
- Does the company quote projects with budget ranges and specific tasks?
- Are not-to-exceed budgets an option?
- How will the company archive raw video and finished projects?
Video 101 is a series of videos intended to provide insight into the video production process from start to finish. From what makes great video, to the process of pre-production, production, editing and beyond. The series is designed to educate and engage customers, potential customers and students.
About CK & CO:
CK & CO is a full-service media production and corporate communications consulting company. The company is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and employs a full time staff. The company is located in Grand Rapids, Mich. and is the production company of choice for a number of global Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations and small businesses across the country. To learn more, visit: thinkck.com.
# # #
Video 101 - Session 3: DIY
DIY is the third installment of the five-part Video 101 Series from CK & CO. You've got your smartphone in your hand and a great video idea in your head. So is it time to do it yourself? Or should you be calling the professionals? This session will help you sort it all out.
Class is in session! Check out Session 3 below and stay tuned on social media for the next edition. Make sure to follow us on twitter (@thinkck) or like us on facebook so you don't miss out. Need to catch up? Click on over to Session 1 or Session 2!