Who Inspires You? Video Scholarship Contest
Deadline Extended to September 30.
High school and college students are invited to create a video that highlights an exemplary business or non-profit organization.
- $1000 scholarship to winning student
- $500 to the non-profit featured in the winning student’s video OR if the featured organization is a business, the $500 will go to the business’ preferred charity
Process and Specifications:
- Entrants will create and add their videos to YouTube.
- Length of videos must be between 1:00 and 2:00.
- Entrants will submit their video and other information through a contact form on this page.
- After the submission deadline, all entries that meet the specifications will be posted on the Cynthia Kay and Company website on this page.
- The first round of voting will be – by the public.
- Votes will be submitted on the video page.
- The three videos that receive the most votes will advance to the final round.
- The Cynthia Kay and Company staff will choose the winning video from the three finalists.
- The competition officially opens June 1, 2013.
- The deadline for submission is 5 p.m. on September 30, 2013.
- Voting will begin the following week.
- Winner will be announced in October 2013.
- Before awarding the scholarship, we require documentation that the winner is enrolled in high school or college.
- This will require an official letter of enrollment from the student’s high school or college, a copy of a tuition bill, or another method to verify enrollment.
- Upon verification, the scholarship check will be mailed to the winner’s address.
Eligibility Requirements and Fine Print:
- One (1) entry allowed per person.
- Entrant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Entrant must be a high school or college student.
- Length of video must be between 1:30 and 2:00. Videos that exceed 2 minutes will not be eligible to win.
- Student must not have been judged delinquent, nor have been convicted or pled guilty or nolo contendere to any felony in any state.
- Student must not have been convicted of any second or subsequent alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor in any state within the past academic year.
- We retain the right to disqualify entrants for any behavior we deem to be misleading, fraudulent, offensive, or in violation of contest rules.
- We require that the video remains free of vulgar language. All videos not suitable for all ages will be disqualified.
- Videos will be judged based on creativity, unique content, technical aspects and execution.
- Entrant information (name, email, birthday, school) will be used for scholarship related activity only and will not be shared with any third party.
- The entrant’s YouTube URL will be embedded on the contest page if it meets the requirements.
- Entrants will not be enrolled to receive extraneous emails or solicitations.
Fill out my online form.